Young Professional Initiative
In 2011, the Saint Francis Foundation launched an initiative to engage area young professionals in the Hospital. The group shares Saint Francis' mission of health and healing through excellence, compassionate care and reverence for the spirituality of each person. The Foundation’s Young Professional Committee works to advance this mission through:
- Advocacy - Promoting Saint Francis by sharing our work with the community
- Philanthropy - Supporting and creating fundraising efforts to advance the work we do at Saint Francis
- Service - Volunteering for various projects and initiatives throughout the Hospital
The Young Professional Committee has accomplished a great deal in the short time since its founding.
- Comedy Night – In February, 2012, the Committee held its second annual Diagnosis: Laughter, a comedy night at City Steam Brewery Café. Proceeds from the event raised $10,000 for the Let's Not Meet By Accident program, a youth outreach initiative of the Saint Francis Trauma Surgery Department. Click here to learn more about Diagnosis: Laughter 2012!
- Discounted Event Registration – Throughout the summer, the Committee will offer discounted rates to attend the Foundation’s signature events, Swing for Saint Francis and MIRACLES Gala, so that young professionals, who otherwise would not be able to attend, have the opportunity to participate in events that attract many Hartford area leaders and executives.
- Tuesday Tips – This past fall, the Committee hosted Tuesday Tips, a series focused on wellness. October’s session focused on Integrative Medicine at Saint Francis. Street Smart Self Defense was the topic in November.
Thank you to the Young Professional Committee for all of their hard work!
|Sue Benn||Da' Rel Eastling*||Shaun Sheridan|
|John Brickley||Eric Fahnoe*||Adam Tarr|
|Tony Costanzo (Chair)*||Gina Galuska||Michelle Triompo|
|Tara Costanzo||Kevin Henry*||Wayne Tolson*|
|Jennifer DiBella||Benjamin Potok|
* Saint Francis Foundation Board Member
Interested in getting involved in Saint Francis’ young professional initiatives? Visit the Calendar of Events to learn about upcoming events. For more information, please contact Larib Omara-Otunnu at (860) 714-1269 or firstname.lastname@example.org.