John T. O'Connell Tower
Leading-edge… leading the way
This year marks an historic and exciting time for Saint Francis. In March, we are set to open the John T. O’Connell Tower, our brand new, 10-story, 318,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art patient care facility, made possible by a generous gift from Nancy and Dan O’Connell.
- A doubling of our Emergency Department space, now with 70 treatment areas and 13 sheltered ambulance bays
- 19 new replacement operating rooms, including 2 state-of-the-art “hybrid” operating rooms
- 72 replacement rooms, all private
- 6 operating rooms and 63 replacement inpatient orthopedic beds for the Connecticut Joint Replacement Institute (CJRI)
- A new rooftop helipad for LIFE STAR landings
The John T. O’Connell Tower places us at the forefront of healthcare, allowing us to continue in providing the highest quality healthcare to those in need. The John T. O’Connell Tower: honoring a tradition of innovation.
Learn more about the Tower by clicking here.